Friday, April 3, 2009

UPCOMING POSTS

Some upcoming posts this month. These are recent experiences I had that helped me to envision going to law school.

"Why do I want to go to Harvard Law School?"

The international development department that I recently graduated from, went to Washington DC in the spring of 2007. We went to meet with representatives from the institutions of development. Of course we went to the World Bank. So my friends and I are women of color from third world countries and third world neighborhoods in the U.S. and sitting nicely at the World Bank, like good grad students, just didn't seem right to us. This is what we did.  

How I met EPOCA (Ex-prisoners and prisoners organizing for community advancement) and learned about community organizing
   
What I learned from being part of the Women of Color Collective and institutionalizing dialogues about race

I will post an interview I did with Samoan writer Sia Figiel in 2002(?). We discussed her award winning novel Where We Once Belonged


1 comment:

  1. Hi Loa! Best wishes on your road to law school! I'm behind you 100%!

    ReplyDelete