Monday, September 28, 2009

life after taking the LSAT

Wow! I feel so much weight taken off since I took the LSAT on Saturday. For the newcomers to this blog, the LSAT is the admittance test for law school and it can determine which law schools will accept you. But, there are other factors too that can be just as important.
It's the Monday after and I'm so relieved that my relationship with LSAT is over. I sat closest to the door at the testing center and when the folks who administered the test excused us, I flew out the doors faster than Flash Gordon. I was like, "f lsat!!!!"

Since March, my life was devoted to LSAT. Even when I wasn't doing logic games and logical reasoning problems, and partying instead with my friends, my mind and my heart was with LSAT. Dramatically true. I posted my ideal score on my bedroom wall as my daily affirmation. The heavy LSAT prep books cluttered my room. I stepped on used and unused answering sheets on my way to the bathroom. In the recent past, I loved watching videos, but when I started preparing for the LSAT, my appetite for watching films waned. I even went to the video store today to rent the Che movie with Benicio Del Toro that I told myself I would enjoy watching when the LSAT was over, but, I held the video in my hand and then put it back and walked out of the store. After meeting LSAT, some of my hobbies and patterns , like avid video watching, have changed.

There's a tight knot, right at the top of my spine at the back of my neck, that, when I press on it with my finger, I yelp in pain. I felt it yesterday, Sunday, right after the Saturday LSAT test. I feel like I was waiting for the Blue Line at State Street and the train hit me up against the wall. My body feels bruised, fatigued. All the excitement in me burned dry. I feel crabby and grouchy. I wish I could sleep for a whole week. Maybe I can. My post-LSAT blues. I am relieved I took the test but all the stress and anxiety I had all these months are manifesting as illness.
All I got for taking the LSAT was this lousy sore throat and a cough.
Now's the next round in the law school apps process: getting the applications in. I'm now working on my personal statement, addenda, resume, diversity statement and I'm gathering my letters of recommendations from professors who I know for sure like me and don't mind lying about my abilities. Hehe.

The personal statement, that's what's as important as the LSAT score. The personal statement, I've been told, is what can save me and get me into a top school, although my grades and LSAT scores aren't perfect.






1 comment:

  1. Hey Loa...Glad to see you got that done and under your belt :) Hopefully you got that well deserved massage after too!!! Tight knots bite!!! Keep us posted...I really enjoy your blogs. I referred Stevie&Mihn to read your blogs too!!! Much alofas from Westville,UT

    ReplyDelete